Adopted on 11th April 2019
1 NAME: Amble & District Education Association
(For convenient usage this may be abbreviated to ADEA.)
2 AIMS: To promote local educational initiatives in a social context.
3 POWERS IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE AIMS:
a Raise money from annual membership subscription and charge a fee per course attended.
b Open a bank account.
c Take out insurance.
d Organise courses and events and venue.
a Membership of ADEA shall be open to any interested person willing to pay the Annual Membership Fee agreed by the Management Committee.
b Membership shall be available to anyone without regard to gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual preference, religion or belief.
c Every member shall have one vote at General Meetings.
a ADEA shall be administered by a Management Committee of the officers and not more than four other members elected at the group’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
b The officers of the Management Committee shall be the Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.
c The Management Committee shall meet at least three times a year.
d The Chairman or Vice Chairman shall chair all meetings of the ADEA.
e The quorum for the Management Committee shall be five members.
f Voting shall be by show of hands. If there is a tied vote the Chairman shall have the casting vote.
6 DUTIES OF OFFICERS
a The duty of the Chairman is to chair all meetings of the wider group & committee.
*Notify committee members of dates, times, and venue of committee meetings and indicate key agenda items.
A Vice Chairman may be appointed by the Management Committee.
b The duties of the Secretary are to:-
- Take and keep minutes of the AGM and Committee Meetings.
- Prepare the agenda for the AGM and notify members of date, time and venue.
- Maintain the Membership E-mail Lists in accordance with Data Protection Laws.
- Deal with correspondence.
- Collect and circulate information within the group.
*Events Team duties are to:-
- Prepare a list of speakers/lecturers as agreed by the Management Committee.
- Contact the speakers/lecturers.
- Advertise the courses in e.g. The Ambler, The Pelican and on line village pages and by placing notices in shops etc. around Amble and Warkworth.
*Some of these tasks may be undertaken by a Membership/Events/ Bookings/Publicity and Minutes Secretaries as appointed by the Management Committee.
c The duties of the Treasurer are:-
- Supervise the financial affairs of ADEA.
- Keep proper accounts that show all monies collected and paid out by ADEA.
- Collect Membership and Course Fees from members.
* It was unanimously voted for, on 11.4.2019, that we will charge £15 per member for initial set up of ADEA.
a Any money obtained by the ADEA shall be used only for the ADEA..
b Any bank accounts opened by ADEA shall be in the name of the Amble & District Education Association (ADEA).
c Any cheques issued shall be signed by the Treasurer and one of the two nominated officials.
8 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
a The ADEA shall hold an Annual General Meeting at the end of the Winter Course.
b An elected member from the wider group of members shall act as auditor and oversee the accounts prior to their presentation to the AGM.
c All members will be given 14 days notice of the AGM and shall be entitled to attend and vote.
d Reports shall be received from The Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.
e A new Management Committee will be elected.
f Speakers/lecturers for the following year decided upon and any other relevant matters.
9 ALTERATIONS TO THE CONSTITUTION
Any changes to the Constitution must be agreed by at least two thirds of those members present and voting at the Annual General Meeting.
The ADEA may be wound up at any time agreed by two thirds of those members attending and voting at any General Meeting or if Officers and Management Committee cannot be found. In the event of winding up, any assets remaining after all debts have been paid shall be given to another local group.
To Be Signed by:-
Other Committee Members
General Data Protection Regulations: Use of Personal Membership Data
Amble and District Education Association (ADEA) is a not for profit, community organisation which aims to promote educational initiatives in a social context.
- ADEA will only record the minimum amount of information needed in relation to your participation and effective membership i.e.
Contact telephone number
We do not collect and process any unnecessary or ‘sensitive’ information.
- We will never do anything with your details that you would not reasonably expect as a participating member of ADEA. Effective communications between members is necessary, and your personal data allows us to manage your membership and provide the information and service to which you are entitled. ADEA promises to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share with us, to keep it safe, and always take every effort to protect your privacy.
- We will keep all information as secure as is possible and we will never sell, or otherwise divulge, any personal information to third parties. Personal data, which may be kept on a personal computer or paper, will be destroyed appropriately when it is no longer required.
- We will be clear about how, when and why we collect and process your information.
- Online communications will be blind copied to ensure members cannot access the contact details of other members.
- Members are entitled to withhold their consent for any/all of the above uses of personal data at any time. Members can access any personal information held by ADEA, and amend it, by contacting the Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Our website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow links to other websites, please note that they should have their own privacy policies and ADEA cannot accept any responsibility or liability for their actions. You should check their privacy policies before submitting personal data to these sites.